ED affidavit

Dear alljams:

Greetings. You can file an amended equitable distribution affidavit usually up to the date of the initial pre-trial, and sometimes after. Yes, if nothing is changed, these affidavits will be shown to the judge, although an attorney usually simplifies the issues for the judge on a separate exhibit to show the judge exactly where the parties differ on identification, valuation, separate properties and division of assets. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Quick question…How many steps are involved with the answering of an ED affidavit ? I received one, I answered with my own. Can they now make changes before mediation ? And after mediation, if everyone agrees all is correct on the affidavits, but noting is settled,will these affidavits be the same a judge will see in court ? Is there any waiting time, or any chance for either party to make changes ?

Thanks for your time