ED of the Home

My ex bought the home prior to our marriage. It is only in her name. We got married, moved in. Marriage failed 11 years later, in 2007. We are now headed for ED in court. Through my efforts and money, I increased the value of the house from when it was purchased to our separation. What am I entitled to in the event she sells the house? The amount of my investment or do I also have a right to some of the appreciation of the property due to my work.

You are entitled to half the amount of active appreciation in the value of the home from the date of marriage to the date of separation. This would include mortgage principal reduction and any renovations or repairs completed during the marriage which increased the value.