Emotional Abuse

Good afternoon,
I sustained emotional abuse by my spouse for our two years of marriage, when she told me she was divorcing me, and was not agreeable to work on the marriage or her issues that contributed to our marriage. Do I have any civil recourse? We own a house together and are currently paying off mutual debts. We have no children. We are currently legally separated.
Please advise.

Bringing a civil action against a party for infliction of emotional distress is not a family law matter and is outside of the scope of this forum. You should know that the court looks at different factors when determining equitable distribution and alimony, and you could argue the abuse as a factor. You can read more on our articles about the 16 factors in alimony and equitable distribution factors.