Enforcement across state lines

I have a court order in NC stating my ex must abide by our agreement and pay family support as defined in the agreement. Since it is termed family support and not alimony in the agreement, it cannot be garnished through the North Carolina courts and I am having to take action in another state. My ex lives in Florida but his employer is based in another state. Do I get a lawyer in the state he lives in to help me collect or in the state he works in? I am guessing I get it in the state he lives in and the state he works in has to honor the court’s request from his home state. I need help so I know where to go for a lawyer to help me.

If you have to file suit against him in another state, you should file in the state that he lives.