Enforcement of Separation Agreement

In our separation agreement my ex-husband agreed to pay the $1287/year premium on his life insurance policy that bequethed ownership to me. This past year he did not pay the premium (I did to keep the policy from cancelling). Now he is not responding to my letters, emails, and calls.

Do I have legal recourse to get reimbursed? And how do I ensure that this doesn’t happen year after year? What should my next step be? Thank you so much for answering this. I just need guidance!

You may sue him for breach of contract, and if your agreement includes an attorney’s fees provision, he will likely have to pay for your attorney as well. I would suggest you meet with an attorney to review the provisions of the agreement before proceeding.