Separation agreement

If there is a legal contract between the two of you and he is not honoring it, then you would file a lawsuit for breach of contract. In the Complaint you would allege all the things that he is supposed to do and all the things that he is not doing. Hopefully, your agreement contains a provision requiring him to pay your attorney’s fees.

You can also contact Child Support Enforcement and they will pursue child support on your behalf. However, it is likely they will pursue the amount required by the guidelines, which may be different than what is in your agreement.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Voice: 704.307.4600
Main Fax: 704.943.0044

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Hi wfmom
This is a contract if he and you signed and had it notarized this is iron clad I had the same thing with my EX and see lost. In mine it was great that she did I would have had to give her med for life now nothing lol just because she wanted more old saying won the battle but lost the war
Hope things work out for you

My husband and I signed a separation agreement in March 06. Within the agreement he agreed to relinquish all rights to our house and to sign a quit claim deed. He also agreed to child support and other items.

He now refuses to sign the quit claim deed. And is behind on Child support.

The agreement was not prepared by a lawyer but is notarized and on file with wake county registar of deeds.

How can I petition the courts so a judge can enforce the terms of the agreement?