Ex husband lying about income for child support

Good morning,
My ex husband claims to be unemployed however I know for a fact he is running a business from his home. I have a child support court date in March and at this point a family court judge has ordered it to be suspended due to his “unemployment”. I have since requested child support welfare to intervene and the date is set for 3/28/2017. Is it legal for me to follow him and video tape him working for court purposes? If not could I hire someone and would this be beneficial? Thanks…

You can take pictures of him out working in public, or you could hire a private investigator.

Also, you are able to testify to anything you have personal knowledge of.

If Child Support Enforcement is involved in your case, be sure to let the agent on your case know about your knowledge that your ex-husband is indeed working.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.