My husbands unemployed ex not paying child support

Dear jrose,

I cannot advise you on the child support laws in Texas. In North Carolina her tax refund could be seized.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

There is a court order for child support against my husbands ex wife who is know remarried with two more children. She is unemployed and says that she cannot work. She refuses to pay and show owes $4500.00. Her husband works and they will be getting a refund. Now my question is will she and or her husband be forced to pay. Texas attorney general child support services have been involved since dec 2005. Should’nt something have been done by now? In my opinion if that was my husband in the same situation he would have been arrested already.
Thank you for reading and any future response.