Child Support Order

Ok, since searching the site I see where I can contact Child Support Enforement to help me w/ this. However, I have no idea what my ex’s salary is, but I would venture to say it is double mine…if not, it is quite a bit more. Anyway, will they do the research as far as finding what his salary is?

BUMP :slight_smile:

There is no need to “bump” your question. The lawyer(s) will eventualy get to it, though it may take a few days. Your ex will have to produce proof of income through her employment. THis may be check stubs and/or statements from her employer. It can also include tax returns.

You can handle child support yourself if you choose to do so, however you will be held to the same standards as an attorney. If you go to court to address the issue of child support each of you will be required to turn over income information to the other party.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Hello, is this something I can handle myself or do I need to hire an attorney? If it is possible, please advise on how to. Thanks in advance for all input!