Ex is cohabiting


My ex is co-habitating at a “boyfriend’s” house with my two-year-old. We have a permanent custody order. Is this grounds to modify? What are the implications of the ex keeping my child at a boyfriend’s house?


Unless your order prohibits the same the cohabitation is permitted. It may be grounds to modify custody if you can prove that the new living arrangements constitute a substantial change in circumstances affecting the child’s welfare in such a way that a modification of custody should occur.