Ex moving to a new state

My ex is moving to Virginia with our kids and taking a new job. (Originally from North Carolina and we were divorced in NC) When re-calculating the child support (because her pay will go up considerably), which state is used to calculate future child support? Virginia, or North Carolina?


If North Carolina has jurisdiction, you should calculate based on NC law. You can read more about child support enforcement through UIFSA, which is the statute that handles interstate cases, on our website for a better understanding.