Expedite divorce - uncontested answer to complaint

You can file an answer admitting all the allegations and a waiver of time waiving any further notice requirements. Your answer must be notarized, it must be mailed to the opposing party and it must be filed with the courthouse.

I’m sorry if you find this answer to be uninformative, the purpose of this site is to give answer questions and give opinion, I will give specific information when it is possible and appropriate. That is not possible in this case. It is not ethically permissible for me to provide anyone other than a client with a waiver of time, if I provided you with one on this website, I would be committing a violation of ethics.

You may need to consult an attorney if you need additional assistance on preparing these documents.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit radio.rosen.com/live for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Ms. Nevicosi,

Thank you for your response. I did not intend to direct my comments about “please do not provide useless information” toward you, but rather toward some of the self-appointed “experts” on this forum.

This forum is a great public service and I have always found your replies helpful; all I needed to know is what to do and how to do it, which you have provided (I know you cannot tell people how to fill out the forms, etc). I apologize for not making my remarks more clear earlier.

[B)]

You’re welcome and I’m glad my reply was helpful.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit radio.rosen.com/live for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I have been served with the Complaint (Wake Co.), is there a way that I can expedite the process rather than have wait for 30 days? I do not wish to dispute the Complaint, and if it will get this over with quicker I would be glad to answer the Complaint and state that I do not dispute anything.

But, how EXACTLY do I do this? Can I just mail a signed waiver to my STBX stating that I am not disputing or contesting the action? Or do I have to file something at the courthouse? Do I have to have my answer notarized? Is there a form available?

I appreciate anyone’s help, but please don’t reply with vague uninformative answers like “Yes, you may answer the Complaint” or “You can file an affidavit”. [xx(] I need to know HOW to do this, if it can be done…

Thanks