False Allegations

I need some advice on how to handle this.

Recap of my situation:

I moved to FL with kids for job. My ex filed motion to modify custody before I moved. We have hearing coming up in two weeks if I cannot get a continuance.

Since I moved, I have had a complaint filed with FL Child and Family Services. It was investigated and closed - completely unfounded. The invesitgator was really nice.

My ex’s wife filed charges for harassing phone alls and communicating threats. My arraignment was Friday and I am waiting to hear when my court date is.

I have two court dates coming up. On 2/16 I am to have the custody hearing (again, unless I can get the continuance and I am still waiting to hear). On 2/23 I have a hearing on child support. My ex filed for a reduction in Oct and the judge continued to Feb becuase my ex was not disclosing all of his income. The judge asked for three years of tax returns (including 2008), bank statements, etc.

I was not planning to bring my girls to NC for the child support hearing because there is no need and I don’t want them to miss school, but I was planning to bring them for the 2/16 hearing because my husband is coming too as a witness.

My ex sent me an e-mail a couple of days ago. It stated I was coming to NC for court 2/16 and 2/23 so he wanted to know if he could have the girls for those weekends. It went on to say that if not, he wanted to know who I would be leaving the girls with since I mentioned that I did not like to leave the girls alone with my husband. I never said that.

My husband and I spoke months ago about the possibility that he could be accused of something and we should be very careful so that nothing could even possibly look like anything wrong.

With the e-mail, I am now afraid to leave the girls with my husband when I return to NC for court. I am afraid that my ex will try to accuse my husband of something while I am gone. So, now I am planning to bring the girls with me for the child support hearing even though they will be missing two days of school.

Is there anything else I can do to protect us? I know I sound paranoid, but I know my ex and what he is capable of. He has no conscience.

The best advice I can offer is to continue to take the high road, document your ex’s threats, and then ignore them. From the facts you present I can not see that you have done anything that will enable your ex to make you look bad.

If you bother to reply to his email, I’d probably also write something like, “I’m not sure where you got the idea that I don’t trust my husband with our kids. I trust him implicitly…”