Filing An Action For Absolute Divorce

I am filing for a no-contest divorce with the Clerk of Court in Catawba County. Will this reduce the cost of legal counsel that is required to file the Complaint for Divorce? I am unemployed with absolutely NO income. What are the options available to me at the lowest cost possible?

The best option for you is to file your divorce pro se and represent yourself throughout the proceeding. You will still have to pay the filing fee and any fees for service on the defendant, but you can avoid attorney fees. Our divorce guide should give you the information necessary to file the complaint yourself. You should also familiarize yourself with any local rules about scheduling and divorce hearings that might be specific to Catawba County. Any local rules can be found online at