Filing for custody


My child’s father and I were never married and drafted an out of court notorized parenting/ custody agreement with an attorney in another state. It was never submitted to the court. Our circumstances have changed and we can not agree anymore on the original plan. Can I file for custody in court to get a new agreement with new terms? and if so, since we have lived in NC more than a year can I file in NC or do I have to file in the original state?


You may file an action for custody here in NC.