Filling out forms for divorce

My husband and I have been separated over 1 and 1/2 years. He filed a complaint for child custody as the plaintiff. That issue has been taken care of through mediation, and our child still lives with me. Now I want to file for the divorce and ED, myself, but need to know if I still use the same case number and is he still considered the plaintiff? Or am I now the plaintiff and this is a separate case?

My advice is to file a separate action for divorce and equitable distribution under a new file number.