Final ED


I have been divorced for some time but the ED has not yet been finished. There was a house that was sold and the funds from the sale are being held by the firm that sold the house. Neither party has a lawyer at this point and I am not longer living in the state of NC and I don’t have the ability to return to the state at this point. What do I need to do in order to get the final ED finished and can I do this on my own or do I need to pay a lawyer for it?


If the parties are unable to reach an agreement, you will have to have a trial on equitable distribution. You may be able to reach a resolution yourself or represent yourself in trial, but that is up to you. You may want to consider using Rosen Online if you want to represent yourself.