Getting alamony from divorce

Dear gitrdon:

Greetings. If you have an order for alimony, then you can register the order here in North Carolina and work on having the order enforced. Thank you and good luck.

By the way, don’t wait any longer or “sit on your rights” or the court may not enforce the order. Make sure that you are sending letters and requests for the funds now. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Dear Sirs:
I have been divorced for 2 1/2 years now and was divorced in the state of texas.I was awarded alomony but my ex never paid me and now i recently found out he has moved back to north carolina also instead of staying in texas.I was wondering if its too late to try to get him to pay me the alomony.If not how do i go about getting it here in north carolina.

monica edwards