Getting title change on car

I have been separated from my husband for about 3 months, he is in the military and took off, he has been gone for over 30 days and is now considered a deserter. We have a truck and 2 car’s with loans on all of them. the one car is in my name and the loan is in my name, this is not an issue.

The other two are titled to him and I cosigned on the loans, so I am having to pay these or run the risk of distroying my credit. I actually have physical possession of them as he abandoned both of them, at the place he had been renting and the landlord called me and asked me to remove them from his property. Which I have done, and currently paying storage for them as well. I would like to be able to sell these 2 vechile so that I can pay off the loans, is there any way I can do this? Being that he is a deserter with no intentions of making the payments can I go to a judge and request these be given to me and I could then sell them or Is that not possible. What are my options.

You will need to file an action for equitable distribution and seek an order from the court granting you the power of attorney over the cars so that you may sell them and extinguish the loans on the same.

Thanks for your reponse.

You are very welcome.