Got a military question


Dear nicole71886:

Greetings. No, he cannot get an immediate divorce in North Carolina, even under the circumstances and he needs to be careful, because he may need to file contesting paternity prior to the date of the divorce so that he is not the presumed father of the child.

You will need to speak with a military attorney about the court marshall. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


my fiance is overseas and he’s friend has some problems and questions. I told him i would research for him so here iam. his friend’s wife was sent home early from iraq because she became pregnant while in iraq. (which means she obviously cheated on him) which you probably already know is against military law. he said she will get court marshalled, is that possible? and he also wanted to know if he could get a divorce that would go into affect almost immediately(as fast as the paper work will go through) because of the fact that she was brakeing military law?