Help about bankruptcy


Dear ArthurP:

Greetings. First, you need to consult with a bankruptcy attorney. Next, if you purchased the house during the marriage, and she is on the mortgage, then she has to list the house as an asset, since she is entitled to half from the marriage, regardless of the titled ownership. Good luck

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


Can anyone tell or has the same problem we are seperated and going to finish the big D in november My spouse is going to file to bankruptcy ch 7 my question is the house is in my name and the soon ex is not on the deed. The ex told me that the lawyer said that the ex would have to put that towards her ch 7. My question is can the ex do that or is the ex being normal self a liar. If so how can I protect myself
Thank you