Help!?!?!?

You have an Immediate need for Temporary orders for support & temp custody. You must hire a lawyer or find legal help quick!! Many women’s groups offer initial help for temp orders. Each state varies on laws.
BTW-list your house for sale now. If you don’t sell it, the court will force it anyway at the end.

Dear amandalou82:

Greetings. Yes, immediately place the house on the market - both of you signing the listing agreement. Talk to an attorney ASAP and file a claim for post separation support/child support if you are not getting sufficient support to meet your basic needs.

Finally, no, you don’t have to “allow” your son to spend the night with him, but without a court order you may have no choice if he picks the child up directly from daycare or does not bring him back. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE BEEN SEPARATED FOR CLOSE TO TWO MONTHS NOW. WE’VE BEEN MARRIED ABOUT 1 1/2 YEARS. HE JUST SIGNED A LEASE FOR AN APARTMENT THAT HE NOW RESIDES AT WHILE I’VE BEEN LIVING IN THE HOUSE WE OWN TOGETHER SINCE HE WALKED OUT ON ME AND OUR SON WHO’S 1. HE STILL GIVES MONEY TO PAY THE BILLS WITH AND STILL SEES OUR SON FROM TIME TO TIME. I AM HOWEVER QUITTING MY JOB THE END OF THIS MONTH AND MOVING BACK IN WITH MY PARENTS DUE TO BEING UNABLE TO FINANCIALLY AFFORD TO LIVE HERE IN OUR HOME. WE HAVE TRIED TO COME TO AN AGREEMENT ON WHO GETS WHAT AND HOW MUCH MONEY HE WILL GIVE ME A MONTH BUT RECENTLY THINGS HAVE STARTED TO BECOME DIFFICULT AND IT MAKES ME WONDER IF I SHOULD TALK TO A LAWYER AND STOP BEING SO NICE. WE ARE GOING TO LOSE OUR HOUSE SINCE HE DOESN’T WANT TO LIVE HERE AND I CAN’T AFFORD TO LIVE HERE. JUST WONDERING IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE ON WHERE I SHOULD GO FROM HERE??? ALSO IF HE GETS A ROOMMATE THAT I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT DO I HAVE TO ALLOW OUR SON TO STAY THERE???