Please Help Me

You can seek the assistance of child support enforcement in obtaining child support. You may also consider putting your attorney’s fees on a credit card, your attorney should be able to get temporary support coming in relatively quickly. They can also seek a distribution of the funds that were in your savings account.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Sutton Station
5826 Fayetteville Rd. Suite 205
Durham, NC 27713
Phone: (919) 321-0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I have been married for almost 6 years. My husband has been abusive and cheated on me many times. While he was in the military he was even under investigation for adultery. I have been living in NC for 3 ? years by my self. My husband has been in Iraq as a civilian for almost 4 years now. He only comes home once a year. We have two small children and I am working part time and in school full time. When I told my husband I wanted a divorce he stopped his direct deposit in to our joint account and took all of our savings (over 20,000). He gets paid almost 7,000 a month and I have to fight with him over getting bills paid.

Some times he will help and if I make him mad then he refuses to help. I only make 800.00 a month. Some times he says I need to leave our home and other times he says I can stay in our home.

I have tried to get financial help from government agencies however no one will help me because of our