Financial control

You may want to start by going to child support enforcement, they can assist you in getting child support on a regular basis. Once you have child support coming in that might help you be able to afford an attorney. You may also want to attend one of our free seminars to get an overview of the divorce process.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Sutton Station
5826 Fayetteville Rd. Suite 205
Durham, NC 27713
Phone: (919) 321-0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Child support for an attorney? I don’t get that one! I’m sorry for your situation. You must go to legal aid if you cannot afford an attorney. Sign NOTHING! I promise, SIGN NOTHING! Don’t leave the house! Beg, borrow, and steal…represent yourself! Educate yourself! Good luck!

i been married for 6 yrs , dealt with adultry and lies, i tried to make it work. my husband and i been apart since 2006 of dec. last yr i found he lied about coming back to the states early he was suppose to come in dec 8th found receipt for the 7th from south carolina where one of the females he was been aquanted with lives i cant prove he was with her. but i do have a audio tape of a women he was/or is involved with living in the same town i do. what im dealing with is now im laid off he has sent separation papers which i dont agree on we have children and property. i can afford a attorney. he is using his finances for control, we are out of money and food. he stated he wanted to talk to the children and then he would send money. my daughter called without my knowledge the next day i got a call from him he sent 200.00 10/04. according to his paper work from his attorney he says he sends 3500 and i dont get that he sends what he wants to send and he is giving me til jan 09 to get out of the house regardless if he house is sold or not, i have not agreed to selling the house. what can i do since i dont have any money to get a attorney and legal aid dont help with domestic at all unless its physical abuse.

whitney langston