How can I dismiss divorce proceedings?

After 9 months of both parties hiring lawyers and a counter claim from my spouse, we are discussing reconciliation. We haven’t went to court yet but it is close. How do we go about dismissing our complaints and is there anything I should know. Thank you.

If you and your spouse are reconciling and no longer want to proceed with the court action, you will each need to file a Notice of Voluntary Dismissal of all claims and counterclaims.

Be sure that each claim that you filed for is dismissed without prejudice (versus with prejudice). Dismissing claims/counterclaims without prejudice will allow you to refile in the future if need be

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.