How do i get a divorce from a inmate in north caro


Dear tcottle6691:

Greetings. I know that someone else on the forum was just divorced from an inmate. The bottom line is that you will file for divorce in the same manner, but you may need to serve him by Sheriff rather than certified mail. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I am interested in getting a divorce from my husband wich is in prison. i am a single mother and there is one child between us.can you please inform me of the steps i need to take.our one year seperation is coming on.he is in prison for drug abuse and probation violation.

tonya cottle