How to deal with a marital infidelity?

Hello all,
I just found out my husband was cheating on me with another girl regardless of having 2 kids.
I’m dealing with emotional torture these days & don’t know what to do. I was wondering if anyone can give me the advice to deal with marital infidelity. Is it a good idea to take a help from a private investigator to deal with him legally? Should I divorce him or forgive him?

Looking forward to your suggestions, Thanks in advance!

From a legal perspective, it is usually wise to hire a private investigator to surveil your husband. If the PI can get evidence of illicit sexual behavior (for example, spending the night together at a hotel or at the paramour’s residence among other evidence), you will be able to prove the affair and an act or acts of illicit sexual behavior and if you are the dependent spouse, you will be awarded alimony. The PI evidence can protect your future financial interests.

Marital misconduct, specifically acts of illicit sexual behavior are factored into the decision of an alimony award.

You may also benefit from individual therapy for yourself to help you make the decision of whether or not to leave the marriage.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.