How To Divorce Fairly

Separation means living apart.

See a lawyer in your area. Your conversation will be confidential.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Hi all - I am planning on divorcing my wife. I am the one throwing in the towel, so I feel an obligation to treat her and the children fairly. I know I need to get a seperation agreement and then can’t dicorce for one year.

Part of the reason we are divorcing is because our children tried to kill her by burning the hosue down. We are currently living in an apartment we own, but the hosue is almost rebuilt. I want her to move out of the apartment and either back to the hosue or to wherever she chooses.

Any advice on how to do this in a fair way? To get legal advice in a samll city without being “outed?” I don’t want to screw her, but I can’t live with her anymore.

Also, what is “seperation?” What does it mean?