How to file ED

Wake County does have its forms and rules of procedure available online.

From what I’ve been told, however, filing for E/D in Wake County is an expensive proposition, and I tend to agree. (The amount of paperwork is rather extensive.)

I’m not sure what specific question you are asking. If you need assistance preparing a complaint you will generally need to hire an attorney. If you simply want to know how to file, you would need a summons and complaint and take it to the clerk of court in your county and receive a file number. Then you will need to serve it on the other party. If you are filing in Wake County, you will also need an Affidavit for Judicial Assigment. You can find it on the local rules section of

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Does any one have an idea how to file for ED in wake county and any advice?