How to get a Cheater out of the house?

I’ve discovered my very long time husband has been cheating. I have numerous emails of him looking for girls on CL and admitting to cheating during our marriage in some of the emails that I sent to him using Fake emails.I accidentally discovered a secret email address he has been using. I want him OUT of our home but he will not leave. He comes and goes and continues to lie and do what he does and I just have to put up with it?? He physically abused me 6 mos ago and I have photo’s of the bruise. Can I take warrant out on him for domestic abuse and have him removed from the home?

In other words. I sent numerous emails using different fake email addresses to his secret email. He thought I was from craigslist in all the emails and he told exactly what he is looking for and has been doing during our marriage. I hope this makes sense. Thanks.

In order to get your husband to leave the house, you may have to file a court action against him. You may qualify for a domestic violence protective order. You can also file an action for divorce from bed and board if a recognized fault grounds apply to your situation.

For more information on divorce from bed and board, check out our detailed article What is a Divorce From Bed and Board?

You can also present a separation agreement to your husband with your proposed terms for alimony, property distribution (equitable distribution), child custody, and child support. This could prompt your husband to realize you are serious about separating.

You may also be able to file criminal charges for assault on a female, or some other type of assault charge, by going to the magistrate’s office in your county.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Thank you so much for your help!