Husband's belongings


Dear scaredveryconfused:

I recommend that you do not move them, but that you work with an attorney to negotiate their removal. The last thing you want to do is to have him claim that you destroyed his property. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My husbnad is mow living in at (his) apartment and and forwared his mail to that new address. But, he will NOT take his personal belongings (clothings, personal items, etc.)

Is there anyone I can just have them mailed or moved to his new apartment through using professional movers? How can I ;legally get his clothing and personal items removed from the house (currently where me and the kids live).