I don't know what to do!

Dear al1130:

Greetings. First, it works best for me if you ask questions and just give me the facts. I realize that you are sick with your husband’s behavior, which is harmful, hurtful, and selfish.

Now, I think that you are asking me if you can move to FL. The answer is I bet that your fickle spouse would probably let you move with the children, but you want that in writing before you go. I would suggest though that when you negotiate a settlement with him that you get the child support, alimony, and possibly child custody provisions in a consent order for enforceability. Let me know if you have other specific questions. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Hello, I just wanted to know what is my right if my husband chooses to move out, at first without my consent but then with. What if I move to another state in a couple of months? I am 29 years old I have two small boys ages 3 and 5. I have no family in NC. My husband and I have a history of being separated because he didn’t know what he wanted, his job closing and he having to transfer but not wanting us to move with him. He lived 2 years in KY where he was working for a company that made him travel all around the world for sometimes months at a time, while I lived in FL. I lived in FL because he asked me to stay and complete school so I could help us get somewhere financially (my parents could help me with my son). I didn’t want to stay but I listened to him and I did. In one of his work trips, he broke a leg skydiving and had to recover in FL and left me pregnant. During the pregnancy, he went thru this, “I don’t know what I want anymore” thing. If he came to visit my older son and I 5 times during the pregnancy that was a lot. He made it to the birth of our second boy but never returned until six months later. I believed in us and I continued to fight for this marriage to work. He finally got a non traveling job in NC and I picked up my boys and moved to NC. We have been here 2 years. Last year, he went thru that, “I don’t know if I want to be married” thing again. He happens to get us in a lot of debt in this process with his skydiving hobby and his skydiving getaways. I feel that I am emotionally abused, always alone, always asking for affection, always wanting for him to want to do things with his beautiful family. But there is never time nor is there money to do things with us, but yet there is time and money for him to do his stuff. I try not to listen to people’s advice; I have given this marriage 200%. I’m very lonely and I am scared of staying in NC because I feel I still won