I tried!

You need to wait for a year from the new date of separation.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

After separating in March 2002, My ex and I tried to reconcilate in July. He stayed at my house for 10 days during which time we sought marriage counseling. Needless to say, he went back to his girlfriend after the 10 days. Can I proceed with the divorce according to the separation agreement date or do I have to wait until July 2003? What is the law and consequences?