Im confused about how to file my divorce papers

Dear mommyzinn:

Greetings. You take the Complaint and Summons (3 copies) to the courthouse and file. Then you mail one copy of each to the post office and mail with the green form. Thanks

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Hi!
Thanks for your help…but what about all of the other forms? What order do they need to be filled out? Before I send him the papers?

Dont I have to mail my ex the papers and get the green card back (saying he received them) before I can file at the court house? Its all so confusing…I just need the exact order so I dont waste my time…I need it to be valid too…can someone list the exact order in which to fill out, send, and file the divorce papers in NC???

Thanks so much!

Hopefully I’m telling you something you already know or doesn’t apply to your case, but I tried to “file my own” after my lawyer said he wasn’t doing divorce law anymore and sent me the complaint via email to file myself, and was told by the clerk when I went to the courthouse that if it is a contested divorce (e.g., issues of equitable distribution not already settled) you really need a lawyer to navigate or it will not “go anywhere”. I consulted with a new attorney about my particular case who explained why I would have been wasting my money filing it myself.

Dear mommyzinn:

Greetings. You will need to be more specific on what you are asking me here. I am not going to advise you stop by step on what to do, as that is already in the instructions for the divorce. Go there first.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

HI!
Ok…so Im really frustrated with this whole Do-it-yourself divorce here in NC…what is the exact process order?

Do I mail my ex the summons and the complaint FIRST, get the little green card back via certified mail, THEN file the papers with the courts…

I need the chronological order of how to do this…Im so frustrated!

HELP!

Thank you!