I'm the adulter; wife has proof

Dear woman:

Greetings. First, it is relatively rare to be sued for alienation of affection and/or criminal conversation. Wire tapping is a federal crime in our state, so she cannot tape any conversation that she is not a party to.

My advice is that you immediately consult an attorney and have them explain your rights to you. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I had an affair with a man for 1 year and his wife found out about it early on but basically condoned it. It is over between me and the man but he is still divorcing the wife. She wants alimony and child support from him and is planning on suing me in the process. She supposedly had the phones tapped or something so she has “voice evidence” against me. I haven’t heard any of it so i’m not 100% sure what she has. What rights do I have if any or should I basically look to get burned for playing with fire? Thanks…a woman