In defense of false abuse allegations

Dear asmith555:

Greetings. Generally polygraph results are not admissible. Instead you may want to consider carrying a tape recorder with you at all times, so that you have evidence of what is being said and what is happening. Good luck - and please consider moving out - as this is usually less costly than court.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My wife and I are having some issues. Pretty major. I have considered request a divorce from bead and board provided and attorney believes my conditions warrant it.

Something I am concerned about is she may falsly claim abuse. She has made passing comments during arguments that “All I have to do is cry and you will go to jail and never see your kids again.” Of course I have no evidence of this. I have never abused her or anyone else. If she does make these accusations can I use the results from a polygraph to refute them.

I don’t believe she would use this by default but if pressed she may resort to an “by any means nessasary” approach to get custody.