In Receipt of Request for Documents

I have served my STBX with Divorce From Bed And Board citing abuse, indignities and an affair. I also have had an affair and do not deny it. He answered of course denying everything, including that I am the primary caregiver, etc. and now I am in receipt of the following documents:

DEFENDANT’S REQUEST FOR ADMISSIONS TO PLAINTIFF
DEFENDANT’S FIRST REQUEST FOR PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS AND THINGS TO PLAINTIFF
DEFENDANT’S FIRST SET OF INTERROGATORIES TO PLAINTIFF

I understand that this is nothing more than a stall tactic on his part to keep him from having to move out of the marital home because he knows he is on the losing side of this equation and he is simply trying to bury me in paperwork so that I will “give up”. That simply is not happening.

What exactly ARE these documents, what is their necessity and use in this process and what are the ramifications if I do not answer or if I do not answer fully? Additionally, if I request the same documents from him, will this FURTHER LENGTHEN the time before all of this can be over? We are still under the SAME ROOF and I am unable to move out of the marital home. I do not have the resources nor the money to do so and he is doing nothing more than wasting my life and the lives of our children at his whim.

Please explain these forms to me, if I truly need to fill them out and what happens if I do not. I do have an attorney but his response time isn’t exactly speedy.

Thank you.

The documents are discovery requests, they are used to gather information in preparation for court hearings. They must be answered within 30 days of service. If you do not comply with the requests for admissions, all unanswered allegations are deemed to be admitted, and the court can impose sanctions on you for non-compliance with the other requests.

Why is HE not being required to do the same??

If you file and serve him with discovery documents he will have to reply.