Income Increase

In November 2013, the North Carolina Child Support Enforcement (NCCSE) determined my child support based on a monthly gross income of 5,208.00. After working an unusual amount of overtime in 2014, my federal adjusted monthly gross income was 6,597.00. Am I required to report the increase in income to the North Carolina Child Support Enforcement Agency immediately?

I have never been through the child support process before now. I would like to follow the correct legal process when it comes to child support.


Confused Father of one Amazing Little Boy

No, you do not have to notify anyone of the increase. The person receiving child support can always seek a modification if he or she can show a substantial change in circumstances.