Insurance and the absent parent


Dear jojo2277:

Greetings. First, ensure that you have sent him copies of the bills and asked him to pay them in accordance with the separation agreement. Do this one last time and tell him that you plan to sue him for the costs if he does not send the money to you within thirty (30) days.

Next, if he fails to pay, the bills in a timely manner, immediately file a breach of contract claim. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I am trying to clean up my credit…

this leads to my question

they are doctor bills on my credit where my daughter should have been insured by her father, which he cancelled, how can I get him to clear up these past medical bills they are 5 years old now…

my divorce agreement stated he would have to pay all medical bills untill she was 18 or out of college and any expenses that insurance didn’t cover over 100.00 at one time…per sickness

basically when she turned 17 he cancelled the insurance then the sickness and hopsital visit happened.

she was in intensive care for three days…with a viral infection.

is it to late to get him to pay this?