1/2 of medical payments


If you have submitted copies of the bills to him and he has refused to pay, then you can file a motion for order to show cause and ask the court to hold him in contempt for not following the order. You can do this without an attorney.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit radio.rosen.com for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Sutton Station
5826 Fayetteville Rd. Suite 205
Durham, NC 27713
Phone: (919) 321-0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.


Me & my ex husband settled our custody and cs last year in court, in our papers he was ordered to keep insurance on our son, and pay 1/2 of all copays, and extra medical expenses. Well, he has in the past few months gotten behind on his 1/2 of the copays etc. What do I need to do to get my from him? do I have to re-hire a lawyer to take him back to court or what? How do I begin to proceed on collecting my from him? I have let him get in the hole a little over $300 to this date, and it’s only getting worse month by month?