Half of Medical Expenses becomes ALL!


Dear Jennifer:

Greetings. If she must pay pursuant to a court order, you can do a Motion to Show Cause and ask the court to find her in contempt. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


Is there anything that can be done legally to stop the Ex from refusing to pay her half of the medical bills? My husband has to keep insurance coverage on the children and he is also responsible for half the bill. Since the insurance is in his name- that is where the bills go. When she is sent her half she refuses to pay her part…what can be done? Nine years after the divorce and it’s still a challenge.