In the 3rd sentence I said that my stbx has been short $100/month. I was talking about him being short $100/ month on child support. Thank you!

Dear almostdone:

Greetings. IMMEDIATELY file a motion to show cause. (I feel like I have been typing in capital letters all night). You need to hold his feet to the fire and get the funds you need to support yourself and the children. If he can make his two mortgage payments, then he can pay you to keep himself out of jail. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

In our order my stbx is supposed to pay me money for 6 months for ED.
May-Oct. The order has been signed. My stbx has paid nothing of this money and has been short $100/month since last Nov. And hasnt paid a dime of PSS. My stbx claims he doesnt have this money (since it will now be one lump sum), and the judge would never make him pay something he doesnt have, however his 2 mortgages are 4,000/month. We both signed the order and so did the judge. What are the consequences (if any) of him not paying? The order also stated that I must live in GA for 18 months for school. However this was not working, so I came back to NC with his and his attorney’s permission(I have emails from his attorney) He says that if I make him pay the money than he will make me move back to GA. Can he do this? I have a 5 yr old(not his)settled in school here.