Counter Motion To PSS


In order for you to be held in contempt it must be proven that you failed to make the payment with willful disregard for the court’s authority. Given the circumstances you described you probably will not be held in contempt for one late payment, but you should make sure it does not happen again.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.


I have filed for PSS. my wife is livid obviously & at best, my wifes attorney has counter filed with a contempt of paying child support. im only a month behind & am making the payment as I type which would bring my support status current. I am butt broke. plus paying on my wifes loan.

my question is, need I worry about the contempt motion? (as this is a futile attempt of grasping at straws on their part)