Intentional infliction of emotional harm

Dear ILMG:

Greetings. I think that she has a weak claim for intentional infliction of emotional distress, although she may have a better claim for negligent infliction of emotional distress. I do know that some attorneys file for every claim they have against a party, as this is required under the rules of civil procedure. It sounds like she retained a good attorney to file the lawsuit and they have determined all claims available to them against you. There is your answer.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

This is the 3rd thing I’m being sued for, because it says that I did this on purpose to try to inflict harm on her because I knew that her father had just died and that she was sick, and I advised him to separate from her and get something in writing as soon as he could. Do all alienation and criminal conversation lawsuits have intentional infliction of emotional harm included in them or is that just my case? That’s the third part and the 4th part is punitive damages