Judgment of divorce with alimony and custody

I had 3 separate cases for absolute divorce, alimony, and for custody. The judge asked the clerk to combine all 3 cases giving me one date last time I went to court, but I would like to know if I should have a pre-typed judgment and how that should be worded as the one I’ve seen just states judgment for absolute divorce but has no mentions of alimony or custody? Also, do I need a Certificate Of Absolute Divorce form as well? Thank you for your time.

You can have a judgment or order ready to submit to the judge after a hearing, but it is usually difficult to predict what a judge may order for alimony and child support and so those orders are drafted after the hearing.

The certificate of absolute divorce needs to be submitted to the clerk on the day of the absolute divorce hearing.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.