Lawyer took wifes friend as client,turned me away

Dear Stormy:

Greetings. I am not sure that I have followed the entire post, but if an attorney has a conflict of interest, they cannot represent you. I would tell you to shop around, find an attorney with a flat fee who is board certified, and retain that firm! It is not always bad to have someone with a new perspective. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Well if you were following stormy in the open forum you know alittle. Well i just went to see my attorney " which i have not retained" for seperation from marriage,and was told that he could not as he was retained by my wifes freind,who helped her to move out of the house with the children. I dont know why she retained my attorney,but it is weird that my wife knew who my attorney is, and the girl freind has only known my wife of 11 yrs for three months.I am getting the felling that there is something weird about not being able to retain an attorney who is well up on the relationship and condition of my marriage. Is there something i can do or do i have to retain and explain 11 yrs of marriage all over again with an attorney that does not have knowledge of our history. This attorney has been involved in so many areas and now, “zip” . Am i up a creek without an attorney?