Leaving for native country


Dear backhome:

Greetings. You clearly have obligations for both, and that obligation would extend to even when you move. Once you move, there may be some enforcement issues. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I am Green Card holder and I have been married now for 6 years to a U.S. citizen and we have a child as old as our marriage. I want to move back to my country of origin but I know my wife will not accept to moving. Along with that, our marriage is not doing too well. What are my legal obligations regarding