Living overseas

I have been involved a woman for 3 years. She moved in with me shortly after we met. She lives in my house in the US and I pay all of the expenses because she quit working. I transferred my employment to Europe a year ago. I returned to the US and I married the woman 7 month ago. She promised she would join me at my European home. She is still in the US and it seems that she has changed her mind about joining me in Europe. We haven’t lived together since the marriage. Do I have grounds for an annulment?

No, you do not have grounds for an annulment of your marriage in North Carolina.

For North Carolina to have jurisdiction in an annulment proceeding, you must be a resident of the State of North Carolina. Furthermore, an annulment is for situations in which the marriage was invalid.