Married and cohabitating in North Carolina


There are laws regarding alienation of affection and criminal conversation that you can review on our website at You should contact an attorney after reviewing this information to discuss your rights in pursuing her boyfriend.

Ketan P. Soni
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I am looking for information on being married and cohabitating with the opposite sex. My wife has left me and is currently living with a male friend. She has now confessed to having an affair with him. He is divorced and has children. I heard that there is a law pertaining to this. If so please email me at