Dear Hardtimes:

Greetings. My suggestion is to get a credit card or save some funds so that you can hire an attorney in the event things do not go well. I also think that you should talk to your spouse about marriage counseling and even anger management counseling for him. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.



I been married for about 5yrs. now and my husband and I are building a house. Everytime he get upset, threatens me by saying "wait until we get into the house, everything you think you will have you won’t have. I feel that it is best to get my name off the mortgage now before things get too messy. What shall one do in this situation? We also have one child together and our child have a disablity. I will do anything to make sure she is ok and I’m sure he will do the same. But when he’s angry, he so worried about how to ruin me and doesn’t think about the fact that there’s a innocent child who never ask for this big mess. I’m young and have my whole life ahead of me and he’s older and has a career, but is very unstable. He has a good paying job and money that’s in his name only. He can probably afford an attorney, but I will have a difficult with finding one. What do I do.